Christian White is a Melbourne-based screenwriter. His debut novel, The Nowhere Child, won the 2017 Wheeler Centre Victorian Premier’s Literary Award for Best Unpublished Manuscript, and was published in 2018 through Affirm Press, with rights sold into 17 countries. The Nowhere Child was shortlisted for the 2019 Indie Book Awards in the Debut Fiction category. Christian is currently working on his second novel.
Christian co-created the television series Carnivores with Tony Ayres, currently in development with Matchbox Pictures and Heyday TV. Carnivores is inspired by his pilot script One Year Later, winner of the 2014 AWG Think Inside The Box competition.
Christian co-wrote the feature film, Relic, a psychological horror film which follows a mother and daughter who search an isolated town for their missing grandmother. The film has received funding support through Screen Australia, and was directed by Natalie Erika James. His short film Creswick, co-written with Natalie, recently won the 2017 AWGIE Award for Best Short Form screenplay. He has also written short films Coma – which screened at Tropfest – and Small, supported through Open Channel’s Raw Nerve initiative, which screened at the opening night of Palm Springs International ShortFest. For a full CV please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Her name is Sammy Went. This photo was taken on her second birthday. Three days later she was gone.’ On a break between teaching photography classes, Kim Leamy is approached by a stranger investigating the disappearance of a little girl from Kentucky twenty-eight years earlier. He believes she is that girl.
- At first Kim brushes it off, but when she scratches the surface of her family background in Australia, questions arise that aren’t easily answered. To find the truth, she must travel to Sammy’s home of Manson, Kentucky, and into a dark past. As the mystery unravels and the town’s secrets are revealed, this superb novel builds towards a tense, terrifying, and entirely unexpected climax.
- Inspired by Gillian Flynn’s frenetic suspense and Stephen King’s masterful world-building, The Nowhere Childis a combustible tale of trauma, cult, conspiracy and memory. It is the remarkable debut of Christian White, an exhilarating new Australian talent attracting worldwide attention.
- The Nowhere Childwon the 2017 Wheeler Centre Victorian Premier’s Literary Award for Best Unpublished Manuscript, and was published in 2018 through Affirm Press, with rights also sold into 17 countries. The Nowhere Child was recently longlisted for the 2019 Indie Book Awards in the Debut Fiction category. Christian White is currently working on his second novel.
- Published by Affirm Press [To purchase, go to Publisher]